EUROPE’S third biggest tribute festival, SomerRock, heads home to Bridgwater this weekend with the sounds of some of music’s biggest names for one big Sedgemoor get-together.
The big top returns on Friday and Saturday to Bridgwater and Albion RFC for what promises to be a corking festival weekend.
On Friday, gates open at 5pm for a night of music from:
- QUEEN tribute QEII, who are “critically acclaimed as the UK's top tribute to Freddie Mercury & Queen”
- FLEETWOOD BAC, a music outfit highly-rated by Fleetwood Mac’s very-own Stevie Nicks
- And NEIL DIAMOND artist Gary Ryan, who appeared on TV series ‘Stars in Their Eyes’ as Neil Diamond in the ‘90s
Then on Saturday, gates reopen at 1pm for rock-out sets from: ULTIMATE MADNESS, the Madness tribute act that “everyone is talking about”
- OASISH, “accurately re-creating all of Oasis’ biggest hits and using a live string quartet COLDPLACE, who have ramped up over 400 Coldplay-style gigs around the world in 8 years
- MUSE INC, playing Matt Belamy hits with the talents of Feeder’s Dean Deavall on keyboards
- TOXIC TWINS, doing Aerosmith proud with a set “likely to satisfy even the most demanding Aerosmith fans”.
On the refreshments front across the two days of fun, the popular Jaeger Bomb Bar, a sizzling Somerset hog roast, and other fast food will be on site.
Plus a small funfair and face-painting to help add to the festival feel and give families plenty to do.
Tickets cost £14 for the Friday, £18 for a Saturday day ticket, and £25 for the full weekend.
SomerRock tickets are available from The Blake Hall, Strings ’n’ Things, Castle Club or www.seetickets.com