Harry Everett, 18, of Halberton, near Tiverton, was named as a winner in the Match Day reporter competition run by Somerset County Cricket Club and the County Gazette. He scooped a media pass and tickets for three friends to Sunday’s Natwest T20 Blast match against Kent. Here's his report from Friday's match.

SOMERSET’S third match in this year’s NatWest T20 Blast competition was a disappointing one with a rain-reduced game ending in a Kent win by 42 runs.

After a heavy downpour half an hour before the start of play, the umpires couldn’t even conduct a pitch inspection until 6.15pm when the sun appeared and the breeze started to dry the now uncovered wicket.

A 13-over game began at 7pm with Kent batting after Trescothick put them in.

Kent captain Rob Key and youngster Daniel Bell-Drummond got their team off to a flier with a first wicket stand of 85 off just 6.2 overs.

Those optimistic Somerset fans who thought that Key’s dismissal for 46 would result in a break for Somerset’s boundary riders were rapidly proved wrong.

After a genuine edge for four first ball, all-rounder Darren Stevens quickly got going, hitting Max Waller for 20 runs off one over. Bell-Drummond’s 50 then came up before he was caught by a back-pedalling Dockrell for 59 off just 30 balls.

From Bell-Drummond’s wicket making it 158-2, the last two overs included four wickets for just 7 runs with Somerset finally showing some quality T20 bowling-Nannes finishing with figures of 2-15 off three.

But the damage was already done and Somerset needed 165 runs at 12.7 an over.

After 47 off 20 with the bat, Stevens soon showed his talents with the ball, his right-arm mediums proving very hard to get away on a wet wicket.

His first over went for three, his second had Trescothick caught first ball and in his third he teamed up with explosive batting partner Bell-Drummond to account for Petersen, the latter taking an incredible one-handed catch at long-on- a catch Daniel himself “couldn’t believe” had stuck.

This brought James Hildreth to the crease, who immediately showed us how all before him should have dealt with Stevens’ pace, calmly waiting on his first ball and late-cutting it for four.

With a few dots and then the loss of Kieswetter for 40 Somerset soon needed 81 off the last three overs.

The game rather fizzled out from here with Hildreth merely boosting his average with a class 58*.