ELEVEN games were completed in the Taunton and District league this Saturday as the wet weather took a day off.

Richard Smith's late penalty gave Bridgwater Sports a 1-0 win against Brohden in the Somerset Junior Cup quarter final.

With time ticking away, Smith slotted home from 12 yards to send his side into the semi-finals.

In the Somerset Intermediate Cup Quarter Final, underdogs Milverton Rangers produced another fine performance to beat unbeaten league leaders of the Perry Street League Division 1, South Petherton, 3-1.

In a tense opening it was Milverton who struck first with a well worked team move leading to a fine strike from Brien Cosgrove who caressed the ball into the corner of the net from the edge of the area.

Milverton then proceeded to dominate the following minutes, but were caught out when a long ball held on the wind and ended up falling invitingly to the pursuing South Petherton striker who had the simple task of rolling the ball into the net.

Unperturbed by this set-back Milverton kept playing their football and were rewarded just before half time when Ryan Coombes reacted first to a loose ball in the penalty area following a corner and swept the ball home to give Rangers a 2-1 lead.

Ryan Coombes scored his second with an acrobatic volley to extend the lead to 3-1 - a lead they held to book a place in the next round.

Tone Youth were 4-1 winners against Sydenham Rangers, despite falling behind to Connor Watts early goal.

Kieran Wyatt (2), Nathan Darlington and Gary Shier rounded off an emphatic comeback for Tone, as they cruised to victory.

In Division Five, Senna Clapp scored twice for Ash Rangers as they hammered Staplegrove Colts 6-3.

Ash took an early 2-0 lead through Harvey Puddy and Benn Bartlett, but Grove got themselves back in the game through Paul Short, before Rangers restored their two goal advantage through Jake Odey, shortly before half time. After the break Colts, got another one back through Ian Bishop to make it 3-2, before Matt Harris scored for Ash to make it four.

But refusing to give up, Colts got it back to 4-3 when Andy Lang netted - and as Colts pushed for an equaliser Clapp scored twice in quick succession to seal the win.

In Division One, Staplegrove Reserves won a five-goal thriller with Middlezoy thanks to goals from Ben Saddington, Adam Smith and Chris Hadley.

Steve Harvey scored at the wrong end to give Zoy a lifeline, before Paul Atyeo added a second in the dying minutes.

The Division Two mid-table clash between Stogursey and Dulverton was won by Stogursey, 3v0 with Tyne Govier hitting a brace and Andy Bath adding the third.

In Division Four, Sampford Blues Reserves and Woolavington shared four goals in a 2-2 draw.

Curtis Rickets and Liam Neal scored for Woolavington, with sixteen year old Regan Scotcher coming off the bench to score two and salvage a point for the Blues.

Porlock Reserves started the day one point behind Rhode Lane Wanderers, but after a 6-0 thrashing ended the day two points clear of them.

Tom McCarthy hit a hat trick, Sean Kenny added two and Brandon Walsh got the sixth.

Morganians Reserves drew 3-3 with Middlezoy Athletic in Division Five.

Ashley Clapp scored twice for Morganians and Sam Tucker added the third, but two goala for Athletic from Harry Taylor and one from John Doyle sealed a point for Middlezoy.

Norton Fitzwarren Reserves lost 0-5 to Bridgwater Grasshoppers - their fifteenth consecutive defeat.

Nathan Mead scored a bullet header from a corner, while Dan Saunders scored two, Shane Thompson and James Cornish scored one each.