A FUNNY thing happened to model-turned-TV-presenter Ellie Taylor.

She decided to become a stand up comedian – and she’s been laughing all the way to the bank ever since.

Ellie made her name on a number of high profile television programmes such as Mock the Week, 8 Out of 10 Cats and presenting Snog, Marry, Avoid.

She started started comedy in 2010, with a laid back act of smart gags, self-mockery and mimicry.

In this new show she takes on such hard hitting issues as love, life… and Matalan.

“I’m really excited about coming to Somerset,” she says.

“I love my show Elliementary and if you come to watch it, there’s a 72 per cent likelihood you’ll like it too. The 28 per cent who won’t will be the people who come expecting a show all about Sherlock Holmes.”

Ellie is also keen on running and has taken part in the London marathon to raise money for Breast Cancer Care.

"It's a charadiee close to me as quite a few women in my family have had this illness, including my old mother dearest.

"Plus, I really like breasts. I was brought up on them and without them its unlikely we'd ever have heard of Katie Price. "

Joining Ellie will be special guest David Morgan, the newest edition to the presenting team on ITV2’s I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here Now.

David has previously performed solo shows at comedy festivals in Edinburgh, Harrogate and Glasgow.

The McMillan Theatre, Bridgwater, on October 20, 7.30pm.

Tickets cost just £12. Call and can be purchased online, or from the Box Office in person, or by phone, Monday - Friday, 10am - 2pm, 01278 556677.