A MAN performed a sex act with his girlfriend outside a busy supermarket - before doing the same thing just hours later in front of a hospital.

Jamie Rousell, 46, was spotted making getting frisky with the woman on two occasions in a day.

The defendant was first observed by people making visible motions with the woman outside a Tesco Express.

On the second occasion the couple were at it for around eight minutes outside an A&E department.

The woman was sitting on the steps with her legs wide apart and the defendant behind her in Yeovil, Somerset last month.

Rousell was charged with two counts of outraging public decency on September 18 and appeared before Somerset Magistrates' Court.

Christine Hart, prosecuting, said that on the day in question the defendant was seen outside the main entrance at the Tesco Extra store in Yeovil engaging in sexual activity with his girlfriend.

She said: "The incident went on for several minutes and during this time a number of members of the public, including children, were walking in and out of the store.

"The female was not exposing herself but the motion of the sexual act was clearly visible."

Later the same day the couple engaged in similar behaviour on the steps of the A&E department of Yeovil District Hospital.

Miss Hart added: "There is regular footfall in this area and a constant stream of vehicles passing through the location and the incident lasted for around eight minutes.

"It was likely that his girlfriend's genital area was visible as she was sat on the steps with her legs apart and the defendant was sat behind her reaching around with his hands."

Rousell, of Langport, Somerset, also pleaded guilty to a charge of threatening staff working at homeless hostel Pathways.

He said he would throw brick through their window on September 15 and when he was arrested was found in possession of cannabis, which he also admitted.

He also pleaded guilty to being in breach of a non-molestation order which was due for sentence at Taunton Crown Court later this week.

Greg Peters, defending, said that Rousell cooperated with the police following his arrest after threatening to throw a brick through the window when he was refused entry.

He blamed it on the defendant being "hot headed".

He said: "He said he had no intention of throwing a brick but admitted saying that he would. He also said the cannabis the police seized was for his own personal use."

Magistrates told Rousell that the matters of outraging public decency were so serious that he must be sent to Taunton Crown Court to be sentenced.

For the threats to cause criminal damage they fined him £80 with £85 costs and a £32 victim surcharge.

No separate penalty was made for the drugs offence but they ordered the cannabis to be destroyed.

Rousell was told he must appear before the crown court on December 13 (Fri) to be sentenced for a string of other offences - as well as the outraging public decency matters.

He was released on unconditional bail in the meantime.