A TUMBLE dryer was destroyed after a fire broke out in a utilty room at a Burnham-on-Sea property.

Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service were called at 11.26am on Sunday (April 5) to reports of smoke coming from a property in Brent Road.

Two crews from Burnham-on-Sea and one from Bridgwater were sent to the scene.

On arrival crews confirmed that smoke was issuing from a downstairs window and that all persons were accounted for.

Crews were briefed then entered the property to tackle the blaze with breathing apparatus and a hose reel.

Shortly after the fire was extinguished and crews ventilated the property using a PPV fan.

The door to the utility room was closed and prevented smoke and flames spreading to the rest of the house.

Crews then cleared up their equipment and returned to the station.