Somerset County League Division 1 West
Congresbury 2, Berrow & Highbridge 3

BERROW & Highbridge secured their first win since September 2, and put an end to a run of eight straight defeats, with victory at basement side Congresbury on Saturday.

Two goals from Andrew Mockridge and one for Adam Lock did the job for the visitors, with Nigel Lush's two for Congresbury being in vain.

The result leaves them on six wins and six defeats in the league this season, and the 10th-placed side travel to Portishead Town Reserves, who are third, this coming Saturday (ko 3pm).


Somerset County League
Premier & Division 1 Cup
Burnham Utd 3, Uphill Castle 0

BURNHAM United marched into the next round of the cup after a hard-fought win against Uphill Castle.

They showed their intent in the opening part of the game as Joe Selway crossed for Matt Scott to lay-off to Charlie Harding, who shot just over.

Burnham continued to create chances throughout the half with their defence giving nothing away, as the teams went into the break 0-0.

The deadlock was broken on 55 minutes when an Elliot Lamb corner was met by captain Russell Holley, who headed home to put Burnham 1-0 up.

Keeper Will Lamb saved well from the Uphill striker minutes later to keep the lead and then, with time ticking away, two goals in the last five minutes sealed the win.

Scott scored after an assist from substitute Jordie Eldridge, then Scott returned the favour to set up Eldridge to slot home right on the full-time whistle.

Man of the match (sponsored by Fusion Leisure): Elliot Lamb

This Saturday, United return to league action, as they go to second-bottom Combe St Nicholas (ko 2.30pm).

Somerset Division 2
Burnham United Reserves 3, Tunley Athletic 0

AFTER a week off, Burnham looked refreshed and ready to bounce back from their defeat last time out.

The game started evenly but Burnham started to grow in confidence during the opening exchanges used the wingers and strikers well.

Burnham got their reward from a short corner which was swung into the box where Matt Dibble connected at the back post to head the ball into the top corner.

The Reserves then scored again five minutes before half time, with a quick free-kick from the impressive Jack Cherry to Aminul Barik, who beat a defender and hit it from 25 yards into the bottom corner.

Burnham created numerous chances in the second half and could easily have scored five, but their only second-half goal came on the hour when Louie Jones coolly slotted home.

The midfield trio of Cherry, Russell Hicks and man-of-the-match Warren Whitfield worked tirelessly in the middle to ensure the team won with a clean sheet.

Weston-super-Mare & District League
Division 4
Cheddar A 3, Burnham Utd A 5

BURNHAM came from 3-2 down to score three goals in a crazy five-minute period to take the points and continue their promotion charge.

Lloyd Dean opened the scoring in the first two minutes of the game, but Cheddar equalised two minutes later.

Joe Wall set up Steve Eley to head Burnham into the lead but Cheddar equalised again, just before the half-time whistle.

The hosts started the second half better and went in front as they broke the outside trap to run through on goal.

With 20 minutes to go, 17-year-old George Heale came on to add an extra attacking threat.

Within minutes, he was brought down in the box for a penalty, which Eley converted.

Harrison Givens then netted, before Heale completed the scoring with a strong finish past the keeper.

Man-of-the-match (sponsored by Fusion Leisure): Kane Powell

Weston-super-Mare & District
Division 5
Burnham Utd B 1, Yatton & Cleeve Utd B 3

BURNHAM B lost the chance to go top of the table in a frustrating game which saw them miss a few opportunities to score.

Kieran Moores put Burnham in front for a half-time lead, but Yatton & Cleeve scored three second-half goals.