Uhlsport Somerset County League
Division 1
Somerton Town 2, Burnham Utd 3

BURNHAM’S recent good run of form continued with a 3-2 win at Somerton Town, keeping the Seasiders second in the table and just three points from the league leaders.

Burnham went ahead after five minutes, when Ryan Stiles was fouled in the penalty area and Joe Selway stepped up to put Burnham 1-0 ahead.

Somerton Town fought back and were ahead by the 23rd minute after two quickfire goals, but Burnham stepped up and took the game to the home side.

United drew level on 43 minutes after Harry Ratcliffe’s free-kick from the right was met by Russell Holley, causing a scramble in the penalty area, before Ryan Stiles reacted quickest to slot the loose ball home.

Burnham were not finished and, deep into injury time, great work from Tyrese Stewart and Warren Whitfield on the right gave Cameron Birch the chance to put the Seasiders in front.

He obliged with a right foot screamer to put Burnham 3-2 ahead at the break.

The second half was a tense affair, with both teams having chances to change the scoreline, but Burnham held firm defensively.

Harry Penfold was the pick of the defenders, who each seemed in the right place at the right time throughout the second half to keep Somerton at bay and help the team get all three points.

Fusion Man of the Match: Harry Penfold

Weston-super-Mare & District League
Division 3
St George Easton in Gordano Res 7, Burnham Utd A 3

BURNHAM United A lost on the road, against St George Easton in Gordano Reserves.

Burnham found themselves 3-1 down at half-time and there was no way back, with United ultimately going down 7-3.

Jaden Watts netted a brace for Burnham, with Harrison Givens also on target.

Division 4
Burnham Utd B 8, Congresbury A 1

UNITED B fielded a strong side with a combination of youth and experience, which was shown from the first whistle to the final whistle.

Congresbury scored an early free kick against the run of play to take the lead but Burnham outplayed their opponents for the remainder of the game, scoring eight without reply.

The goals came from Mark Clitsome (3), Cain Smith (2), Darren Partridge, Louie Jones and Brynn Pearce.