Somerset FA Senior Cup
Burnham Utd 2, Broad Plain House 1

BURNHAM United are into the Somerset Senior Cup semi-finals, thanks to Curtis Bradshaw’s injury-time winner against Broad Plain House on Saturday.

In blustery conditions it was a first half of few chances, with both defences holding firm throughout.

With the wind now behind them, Burnham started the second half on the front foot, but it was the visitors who took the lead in the 63rd minute.

A bizarre drop ball incident gave the visitors the opportunity to attack, their striker latching onto a ball over the defence and lobbing onrushing goalkeeper Fraser McDiarmid.

The Seasiders drew level 10 minutes later, however, with a stunning left-footed strike from outside the area by the impressive Joe Selway.

Minutes later, from a free-kick on the left, Russell Holley’s fine header was saved by the keeper, before it was McDiarmid’s turn to make two magnificent saves to keep the tie level.

With the game looking likely to be decided by penalties, a move involving Holley, Warren Whitfield and Charlie Harding put Bradshaw away to finish calmly, sending Burnham into the last four.

Fusion Man of the Match: Joe Selway

United have been drawn to host Yeovil side Westland Sports in the semi-finals, with the tie due to take place on April 4.

This coming Saturday sees them face Broad Plain House again, this time in Division 1, with Burnham on their travels for a 3pm start.

Weston-super-Mare & District League
Division 3
Burnham Utd A 6, Hutton A 6

BURNHAM United A blew a 5-0 half-time lead in a quite remarkable game of two halves on Saturday.

The hosts played fantastically in the first half and sprinted ahead thanks to a hat-trick from Will Westbrook, and further goals from Cain Smith and Callum Harris.

Hutton pulled one back but Smith scored his second to make it 6-1 with 40 minutes to play.

Unbelievably the game ended 6-6, with Hutton scoring the equaliser from a corner with the last kick of the game - the result leaves United second from bottom in the table.

Fusion Man of the match: Will Westbrook

Weston-super-Mare & District League
Division 4
AFC Nailsea Res 1, Burnham Utd B 1

BURNHAM United B passed up the opportunity to put greater distance between themselves and Division 4’s bottom three sides, as they were held 1-1 by basement club AFC Nailsea Reserves on Saturday.

The visitors started brightly, with good link-up play in midfield leading to opportunities in front of goal.

Burnham saw a shot come back off the underside of the crossbar and continued to press, but at the halfway mark the scores remained 0-0.

United kept on pushing and were soon rewarded after some good link-up play ended with a shot slotted in by Mark Clitsome from close range.

But the visitors’ luck changed and no matter how much was thrown at Nailsea they could not score a second.

After two disallowed goals, and shots off the bar and post, Burnham were hit by a sucker-punch - Kyran Matthews scoring on the counter-attack for the hosts.

Despite the result, this was another positive performance from the young Burnham side